CrossFit South Shore
Doug, Tara, and Coach Burgener
Tara, Sage Burgener, and Doug
We had a great time this past weekend at the cert. Coach B. and his staff were outstanding. I was most impressed with his daughter Sage, she is an excellent coach and an incredible athlete.
Oh, and we did a little shopping with Bill from Rogue Fitness, ALOT of shopping! Bars, bumpers, stands, boxes, rings, ropes, kettlebells, dumbbells, med balls – it's all on its way.
CrossFit is a program designed to elicit as broad an adaptational response as possible. It is not a specialized fitness program, but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains:
1. Endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen (cardiovascular/respiratory endurance).
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy. (capacity to maintain repetitive muscular movements)
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a single distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
The CrossFit Program was developed to enhance an individual’s competency at all physical tasks. Our athletes are trained to perform successfully at multiple, diverse, and randomized physical challenges.
Here is a great video description of CrossFit: